We are currently recruiting for a Senior Technical Safety Engineer on a residential full time basis located at our Abu Dhabi office in the UAE. This is a Home Office position based in Abu Dhabi, but it may involve occasional visits to the Client offices and/or site in Kurdistan. Normal working time will be 45 hours per week (9 hours per day). The project is the EPC phase of a new Oil & Gas facility to be constructed in-country. Reporting to the Lead Technical Safety Engineer the candidate will assume responsibility for the preparation of all typical Technical Safety deliverables.
- To promote safe behaviour at all times.
- To carry out engineering activities as directed by the Lead Technical Safety engineer.
- To produce and review specifications, data sheets, schedules, study reports, and design calculations; ensuring that they conform to engineering quality, competence, and project management systems.
- To participate in all project safety and design reviews as necessary.
- To liaise with the Client’s Engineering, Operations and Maintenance staff as required to ensure a consistent approach to project completion
- To participate in project HAZOP, HAZID, SIL studies, and Peer Reviews.
- To provide sound technical advice and solutions to a diversity of technical problems within the discipline.
- To co-ordinate with other disciplines during all stages of design development, construction, pre-commissioning, and start-up.
- To provide technical support to site as required.
- Highly motivated and self reliant
- Confident and assertive
- Problem solver
- Open thinker and innovator
- Good communicator with a willingness to share knowledge and support others
- Flexible and adaptable
- Strong commitment to safety
- Must be willing to make occasional visits to Kurdistan
- Sound supervisory and organisational skills
- Clear communicator with good interpersonal skills
- An active listener with the ability to focus on customer requirements
- Fluent in both spoken and written English language.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of Technical Safety engineering methodologies, software systems, and design practices as they relate to FEED, detail Design, Construction, Commissioning, and plant Start-up
- Thorough awareness of international codes and standards
- Experience of coordinating HAZOP, HAZID, IPF/SIL Classification studies and Peer Reviews
- Experience of directing Management of Change (MOC) reviews
- Able to perform Quantitative Risk Assessments (QRA) as required.
- Previous experience of site-based project work involving field engineering, construction, commissioning, operations, or maintenance would be an advantage
- Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams is strongly preferred
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East would be an advantage
- Relevant Engineering Degree i.e. Chemical or Mechanical Engineering (B.Sc./B.Eng./M.Sc.)
- Membership of a recognised professional institute preferred