In the role of Senior Transport Manager you will be responsible for managing the transportation department or unit. Hires, trains, and supervises employees and manages scheduling of trucks.
Job Responsibilities :
• Oversee transportation department, including its assets and employees.
• Manages the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management.
• Ensure customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user.
• Establish quality transportation services.
• Develop partnerships with self- collection customers.
• Plan and implement budgets.
• Supervise scheduling of truck movement.
Desired Qualification/Preferred Competencies :
• Bachelor’s degree in Transport and Logistics.
• Master’s degree with specialization in Transport and Logistics.
• Minimum of 25 years of related experience with at least 15 years specific experience in transport.
• Able to operate effectively in a high volume service driven transport operation
• Strong understanding of current transport system, concepts, strategy and best practice.
• Strong organizing and time management skills
• Good interpersonal relationship skills and communication.