As Senior Turbomachinery Aerodynamic Design Engineer, you will help develop the next generation of technology at their Research, Design and Development laboratories.
Encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and unafraid to make mistakes, you will create products which fulfil Dyson's ambition of being truly different and better than their competitors.
The Senior Engineer will lead a talented team of Turbomachinery Aerodynamic Engineers within the Aero-Acoustic Research Team. The team is tasked with designing a next generation compressor using analytical techniques as well as computational fluid dynamics validated by experimentation.
Operating within a challenging and exciting environment, you will strive to attain higher efficiencies and lower noise systems at the early design stage. Additionally, you will aim to improve and develop analytical tools and methodologies and build Dyson's capabilities as a whole.
- Proven experience of designing turbomachinery aerodynamic systems for both performance and acoustic with emphasis on low speed Mach number.
- A good understanding of compressor noise sources including blade self-noise and ingested upstream turbulence
- Fundamental knowledge of thermodynamics and fluid dynamics.
- A good understanding of experimental techniques, particularly with regard to pressure, temperature and flow measurement.
- A good working knowledge of LabView and MATLAB.
- A first degree or Masters in Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
As a Senior Turbomachinery Aerodynamic Design Engineer, you will be curious about the latest, cutting-edge material technologies and advances in production processes.