Barclays is a major global financial services provider engaged in retail banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking, and wealth management with an extensive international presence.
The Innovation and Customer Experience team is accountable for driving a step change improvement in the complete set of experiences that a person has with Barclays - before, during and after each and every interaction.
We are seeking talented Senior UX/IA Designers to join the team and deliver first rate interaction design across a range of exciting projects, manage the workload within project teams and interact with senior stakeholders/agencies.
- Work with the internal clients to fully understand what the business wants and to produce a clear creative briefs for the projects.
- Engage in research to understand user contexts and needs, involving relevant teams within the organisation as necessary and then collaborate with user researchers, copy writers and visual designers to ensure excellence.
- Create fully-documented interaction designs, including interface specifications and other interaction design deliverables.
- Produce, through iteration, excellent wireframes and prototypes.
- Work closely with the Senior Designer to deliver effective interaction design on a range of projects.
- Manage agencies through the development of creative briefs, reviewing work and providing feedback and approving final deliverables.
- Maintain awareness of ‘best-in-class’ design and informal coaching of other members of the team.
To succeed in this role you will have a BA or MA in Interaction, Product, Industrial or Service Design or relevant design degree. You will have experience of doing hands-on interaction design and usability testing. Experience of working both client and agency side is also an advantage. Candidates must also have working knowledge of UX software packages such as Axure, Omnigraffle, and SPSS.