The successful candidate will be an experienced Web Developer with 5 or more years experience. The primary focus of this role will be the design of complex websites with secure, online payments facilities.
- Specify, design, develop, test and support PHP/My-SQL applications for automating customer specific business processes.
- Produce deliverables e.g. code and documentation to high quality.
- Produce deliverables within expected timeframes and meeting deadlines (internal and customer).
- To manage customer expectations are met and where possible exceeded.
- To understand customer issues and troubleshoot their problems.
- To manage the escalation process and work with other parts of the organisation to ensure customer issues are resolved.
- To build good working relationships with customers and other members of the Workbooks team.
- To be professional and conduct yourself with integrity at all times.
- Fluency in at least one modern programming language.
- A solid understanding of the principles of software engineering.
- A broad understanding of software related technologies.
- A degree in Computer Science or an Engineering Discipline.
- Web-based application development e.g. Drupal, API, PHP, HTML, CSS, JQuery, SQL.
- The ability to code modern HTML/CSS, JQuery/AJAX and PHP
- Database programming skills including MySQL, SQL, API.
- Experience in documenting through the full development life cycle (functionality, design, test specification).
- A willingness to learn new skills and go the 'extra mile'.
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Attention to detail and a high standard of work.
- The ability to understand customer questions, prioritise issues, troubleshoot their problems and provide clear advice verbally and in writing.
- Problem solving, task prioritisation, communication, administration and organisation skills are a key requirement.