• Custodian for tubular inspections and standards. Advise on appropriate standards and frequency of inspection for all tubular and down hole equipment
• Visit contractor’s base/workshops to inspect all down hole equipment before shipment to the well site
• Ensure that every equipment run in hole as drilling tool or permanently installed components meet the minimum design and operational standards
• Maintain all inspection records for future reference
• Witness completion make-ups to ensure compliance to the minimum standards.
• Lead investigation of any failed equipment and ensure learning’s are applied to future applications
• Act as the Trouble Action Team (TAT) focal point and ensure that events are followed up,properly closed out and learnings disseminated to other operations.
• Participate in the practical and theoretical coaching / training of national staff
• Make self available at the rig site at critical stages of the drilling operation to provide QA/QC and equipment support
• Be a member of the local rig-start up team and contribute to the rig readiness assurance activities.
• Promote inclusion of relevant new technology practices and equipment in well activities
• Professional engineer with a degree or qualification in a relevant engineering or science discipline
• Minimum of 12 years experience in well construction including 3 years as a DSV and 2 years as QA/QC specialist
• Good analytical, communication, writing and PC skills
• Proficient in English language, both in speech and in writing