The ideal candidate will be responsible for monitoring, maintaining and managing Servers, and Infrastructure services operating on those servers. These Infrastructure services include: Anti-virus systems, Databases, Active Directory, Exchange Mail, File services, Terminal Services, Scanning and web servers. In addition, the candidate will also participate in the design, implementation, and enhancement of Servers and Infrastructure services set-up and configuration.
install, administer, monitor, manage and optimize enterprise servers and related components to achieve and maintain consistent high performance, maximum availability, and reliability of the server, business applications, systems, and data/information
- A bachelor degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or any related discipline. ITIL V3 Foundation Certification, Project management courses, and other computer certifications will be an advantage
- Experienced with Microsoft Server Applications
- Knowledge of Backup/Disaster Recovery best practices.
- Knowledge of RedHat Linux administration and patching is required
- Experienced with server hardware and network infrastructure architecture
- Familiarity with network security, internet architecture, routing, LDAP, Domain Name System (DNS), firewalls, load balancing, connectivity, and scalability
- Ability to identify and patch application software - Oracle, ConnectDirect, Weblogic, Apache, etc
5+ years working experience in a large enterprise computing environment operating servers remotely across multiple locations. Experience operating in a Data Centre or IT Shared Service is an added advantage