The successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring, maintaining and managing servers and storage facilities. The candidate will work within the framework of established operating procedures and in close cooperation with internal and external support personnel to provide troubleshooting and maintenance of servers, storages, backup and network systems to assure operational availability within the client’s infrastructure environment.
- Good knowledge of HP, Netapp storage, SUN systems.
- Proficiency in scripting.
- Knowledge of Backup/Disaster Recovery best practices.
- Thorough understanding of Windows, Unix, Linux with support experience
- Must be familiar with the administration and patching of AIX/Unix severs.
- Knowledge of RedHat Linux administration
- Experienced with SAN and multipathing
- Experienced with Solaris 9 and 10 administration and patching
- Ability to support a variety of technologies and systems independently, resolve problems and pro-actively communicate solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exhibit a thorough approach to quality issues and documentation.
- Good sense of customer orientation and team working
- Strong leadership skills
Demonstrated desire and ability to effectively learn new technology-committed to continuous learning and development on the job through self-study and formal courses.