- Broadcast Media
- Minimum Qualification
- Bachelor's Degree
- Required Experience
- 1 - 3 years
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Male or Female
- To plan and facilitate changes to the Platform Configuration necessary for the launch of new channels, changes in channel line ups and channel churn, delivering the Sky & Third Party service requirements in line with Service Level Agreements.
- Liaise with the customer, internal teams and affected parties to ensure requirements are understood by all and are appropriately engaged to deliver, with handovers sufficiently carried out prior to live deployment of changes to the platform.
- To provide support to the operational team in implementing more complex or risky changes to the platform configuration.
- To ensure that all changes affecting the broadcast platform or services are implemented in accordance with the department’s and company’s change management procedures.
- To support the Service Integration Manager and Team Leader in ensuring that Sky’s compliance documents are well understood and adhered to within Broadcast Technology.
- To ensure Satellite & Intersite communications bandwidth is used effectively & efficiently to deliver the needs of the company, encompassing both short and long term planning.
- Ensure that the Platform Configuration changes are planned, performed and communicated effectively and accurately to deliver the needs of the business, supporting changes as required maintaining platform integrity at all times with minimal risk. This covers both satellite and IP delivered services such as SkyGo and NowTV.
- To contribute to the development, implementation and continuous improvement of operating processes and procedures governing Service Integration’s services.
- Use your ability to deal with current issues and future requirements and provide effective problem solving within a highly technical and fast moving environment, often to tight deadlines.
- To analyse and effectively disseminate highly technical information in and provide expertise in the Service Integration environment, demonstrating the ability to resolve complex issues.
- To have excellent organisational and analytical skills to ensure new developments are supportable and sustainable for all concerned.
- A degree or equivilent qualification in a technical subject, ideally in digital broadcasting.
- Experience in a similair role within digital Broadcasting (DVB. MPEG)
- Specilaist knowledge in conditional access, transport stream analysis, live transmission, MCR, VOD, bandwidth management, relational databases, SQL and broadcast equipment
- An excellent communicator who is trustworthy, risk averse and customer focused.