The role acts as Supervisor to control the entire diagnosis and repair process in the workshop by being a lead person between the reception and the workshop and ensure customer vehicles are attended on time, all jobs done right first time and ensure Customer and Associate Engagement.
In this role your primary responsibilities will be to control and guide the repair and maintenance activities in the workshop and to achieve or exceed the targeted business and CSV objectives. To monitor and improve the FRFT of the workshop through principal led and on job training, minimise non value added time and warranty waste, maximise job efficiency, faster turnaround time, minimise idle time .
- Optimising Productivity, efficiency and workshop output and review for continuous improvement
- Controlling productive time and allocation
- Identify Training needs for technicians
- Controlling consumable costs
- Ensure timely completions of job allocated and constantly update service advisors on job progress
- Monitoring maintenance and upkeep of workshop and equipment
- Develop mechanical technicians to do electrical and trim jobs also through on-job training
- Update leave records on SAP and do performance review with service manager for technicians
- Report all unique warranty related repairs to technical support team especially on new vehicles
- Minimising repeat repairs through repeat repair analysis
- Follow up on parts not available and VOR cases