Assists the Securities Services Officers in the day to day processing of FX transactions and funding requirements will focus on the accuracy, integrity and timely submission of requisite documents and reportorial requirements.
Delivery of value added services to clients in accordance with established procedures, regulations and law and also Group business need.
FX & Funding
1. Responsible for the complete and accurate preparation of FX Indication Report and timely submission to FM/FMO without compromising the controls required in BSRD reporting; e.g. seeking confirmation from BSRD team on the availability of documents.
2. Ensures availability of funds prior to the execution of trade instructions and coordinates with clients and counterparties; e.g. brokers and custodian banks as regards to the funding source.
3. Prepares the cheques received from brokers and ensure that these are processed for deposit before clearing cut off time.
4. Manages compliance on SSO Earmarking Policy and ensures that funds are blocked in clients' eBBS accounts and earmarked against applicable credit line and limit is sufficient, otherwise, approval is sought from the proper Credit Officer on any excess or requiring one-off approval.
5. To ensure that liquidity reports are submitted accurately and within the timeline acceptable by the Asset & Liability Management (ALM) .
6. To service Securities Services clients and act as the key operational liaison and contact point for the handling and resolution of all the clients' enquiry's/issues related to settlements FX & Funding requirements.
7. Ensure correctness of daily transaction posted in the EBBS system. Examine voucher to ensure they are properly prepared and approved in accordance with the department's delegated authority.
8. Ensures requisite clients' reports are timely and accurately prepared and in accordance with the agreed mode/channel of submission and Service Level Agreement.
9. Ensures timely and accurate submission of regulatory reports; i.e. GLFX, CTR to avoid any potential regulatory penalty or audit comments.
10. Assists the Operations Head and Securities Services Manager in ensuring that established procedures are strictly followed to eliminate operational risks.
11. Work with Operations Manager on any operational and service review, and issue escalation.
12. Manage and avoid risks to clients, Bank/Group by ensuring prompt and accurate reporting to clients/management, timely rectification and/or monitoring of any discrepancies including shares/settlement rejection/failing/cancellation.
13. Ensure essential reports are properly completed.
14. Performs backup/relief functions as defined in Operations Backup/Relief Plan.
15. Ensures all activities defined in the Critical Task Checklist approved by the Unit Head are completed and any exception is escalated on a timely manner.
16. Participates in projects assigned and initiatives designed to improve the quality of systems and operations
17. Participates in developing automation programs to improve workflow and reduce cost.
18. Assists in ensuring that practices within the unit comply with risk and compliance procedures and processes, local statutes and regulatory requirements.
19. Extends direct support in achieving satisfactory or higher audit rating from external, internal auditors and regulatory bodies.
20. Adheres to Securities Services and Trust Policies and Procedures.
21. Responsible for reporting breaches to immediate supervisors or compliance officers if required or by circumstance, report the breach to their immediate supervisor.
22. Participates, contributes and assists in the following activities: enhancement of existing procedures relating to manual and automated working environment; implementation of improved ways initiated by the unit; bankwide projects such as norms and values formation, community development, charity work etc., planning sessions to achieve overall efficiency and direction for the entire department.
23. Performs other duties as may be directed from time to time which will not compromise segregation of duties.
24. Assists in ensuring that practices within the unit comply with risk and compliance procedures and processes, local statutes and regulatory requirements.
Anti- Money Laundering Prevention
25. Ensures that appropriate local procedures and internal controls that interpret the Group Policy and Standards and the local law and regulations of Money Laundering prevention are documented, implemented, maintained and monitored.
A thorough knowledge of banking procedures/routines, especially those related to Securities Services
Experience of Branch operations/accounts/budgetary expansion
Energy and patience
Willingness to adapt, to delegate, to motivate and to work through others in pursuit of objectives
Knowledge of how global Securities Services operates