The Purpose of the position is-
• Organizing and coordinating the Shift team to produce good quality product taking into cognizance safety, efficiency, effectiveness, quality and cost per tonne.
• Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the production plants.
Duties & Responsibilities
The position is responsible for the following main activities-
• Taking a lead in the enforcement of Lafarge safety rules and guidelines through Visible Felt Leadership (VFL) while ensuring adherence by his team.
• Monitoring the operations and optimizing all aspects of raw mill systems, kiln systems, and finish mill systems in compliance with Company quality standards and requirements.
• Coordinating the activities of all services departments directed at keeping the production plants in good operating condition.
• Following operational procedures (SOPs) in the execution of all tasks in the plant.
• Carrying out equipment energy isolation according to LOTOTO procedure.
• Managing the day-to-day running of the plant, on shift basis, respecting the KPIs through setting of priorities and direction to plant shift team.
• Coordinating activities of the maintenance team on night shift and managing the call out procedure when required.
• Participating in the planning and organization of short and long term plant stoppages.
• Ensuring production activities comply with group environmental standards and maintain good housekeeping.