To Effectively Manage one Shift in each Cell to produce required volume and mix of products on time and in the required quality; drive improvement initiatives to help achieve set manufacturing key performance indicators while optimizing manpower deployment.
- Deliver performance targets as per KPI given on:
- Conversion Cost
- To identify opportunities within the shift by understanding “trends and patterns” that can help achieve improved performance and implement them in consultation with the Cell Manager.
- Ensure the mandatory scheduled product quality checks are carried out on all machines in the Cell with appropraite actions from obsevered defects/faults executed immediately.
- Ensure all shop floor support systems (Talisman, PI&T, Online Quality System) are always functional and fully utilised with any operational issue with the systems escalated appropraitely for immediate resolution.
- Constantly seek to minimise NVA (Non Value Add) processes and employee activities.
- Lead investigation “to Root Cause” of all negatively trending KPIs and develop actions to reverse trend.
- Lead Shift Team through the IWS Phase Journey
- Provide requisite leadership, guidance and direction to the production shop floor team.
- Evaluate the performance of all the shift members identifying strengths and weaknesses and providing constructive feedback. This includes giving the relevant information to the Cell Managers to help in Team Management of each cell.
- Identify strengths & development needs of the shift members and discuss the same with the respective Cell Managers.
- Coach Shift Team and support resources to comply with established standards and document standards for improvements made
- Regularly share with the shift members their performance and other relevant information & changes.
- Create the right working environment in the shift (process awareness, access to information, responsibilities, skills, communication flows) to help ensure the shift consistently achieves its key performance indicators.
- Properly document and escalate all significant incidents/events during the shift including but not limited to people issues, EH&S incidents, material issues, spare part problems, equipment breakdowns, utilities issues.
- Ensures requisite preparation and support is provided to help acheive flawless exceution of planned maintenance, engineering projects, Consumer Product & Testing (CPT) production and New Product Introduction (NPI) projects
- Ensure housekeeping standards are consistently maintened on the production floor in accordance to 5S principles.
- Work effectively with all stakeholders whose activity has direct impact on the shift’s performance.
- Support Cell Manager to foresee possible issues and ensure smooth production process of the cells
- Facilitates and encourages the interaction of the shift members and influence the shift's objectives & results
- Support the Integrated Work Systems (IWS) way of working.
- Consistently seeks for and encourage shift members’ ideas in respect of possible improvements and their implementation.