- On a shift basis, supervise utilities activities ensuring that utilities supplies to manufacturing processes are delivered in the right quantity, quality and on time.
- Diagnose systems operational faults and notify the shift manager to either resolve or direct the problem to the appropriate technical resources, supervising such resources to a successful conclusion.
- Ensure that all operational activities in his shift are executed, to the right quality and within specified budgetary constraints
- Supervise the usage of materials and consumables for utilities operations.
- Ensure shift operations are properly covered, and that multi-skilling concept is developed among technical operators.
- Generate ideas and proposals that seek to improve on continuous basis, the processes and systems that will add values to the utilities supplies to the factory.
- Ensure that each plant keeps a register for shift operation activities carried out.
- To ensure that utilities personnel are properly organised for efficient utilities services delivery to the end users.
- Ensure strict compliance with EHS rules and regulations by Technical operators working on machineries/systems in his shift
- Ensure training / coaching of subordinates for improved productivity, and multi-skilling within teams.
- Conduct periodic appraisal to determine the skill mix and knowledge gap of utilities personnel, for appropriate development programme.
- Relate with Spare parts logistics Team and Production staff.
- The candidate must possess B.Sc. /HND or equivalent in Mechanical, Electrical or Production Engineering, with minimum of 3 years experience in a supervisory capability in a FMCG.
- Strong knowledge of Electromechanical engineering systems (Air compressors, Boilers, Air-conditioning plant, Generators) is essential.
- Excellent analytical mind for operational fault findings and rectifications
- Effective Communications skills are essential, both written and oral.
- Excellent interpersonal skill and a good team playing.
- Sound knowledge of Environment, Health and Safety procedure is essential.
- Ability to prioritize own work and works of others
- Must be innovative and pro-active in solving problems
- Must be able to develop upskilling content for both old and new Technicians to keep up with current technology.