* Analyze machine orders to determine and implement the most efficient and cost effective method of inland and ocean shipment, often times according to shipping instructions.
* Analyze custom shipping requirements considering due date, width/weight measurements, shipping connections, cost, etc., for orders falling outside standard shipping instructions.
* Be aware of carrier and route restrictions so as not to violate traffic requirements on truck shipments and ensure rail routes are free of problems (such as oversize loads). Corporate Traffic assistance may be sought for most unusual circumstances.
* Maintain packing list information and clearance letters to prevent shipping problems.
* Communicate with various shop floor personnel to resolve inaccurate or missing weights and measures.
* Communicate with plant Planning and Shipping personnel, railroad or Corporate Traffic to ensure carrier notifications, carrier acceptances, and issuances of clearance measurement letters have been made for transportation of high and wide shipments.
* Communicate with Corporate machine order analyst to obtain export release for shipment of product.
* Create and distribute B/L (Bill of Lading) documentation in a timely manner to support factory shipping schedule, provide follow-up on all B/L and resolve grief due to changes in shipping arrangements.
* Maintain B/L data and up to date factory shipping dates in CMOPS (Corporate Machine Order
Processing System) to ensure timely invoicing.
* Review B/L related to freight invoice discrepancies and relay information to Corporate Accounts Payable.
* Receive CMOPS orders with incomplete or undocumented weight/measurement data and make corrections to MSO's to prevent shipment delays.
* Identify and resolve discrepancies and potential problems with appropriate plant Planning, Shipping
and Traffic personnel, and input corrections into CMOPS. Analyzes CMOPS output to ensure data base integrity.
* Create B/L documentation in a timely manner to support factory shipping schedule and distribute to appropriate plant and Corporate personnel.
* Provide machine order documentation and instructions to import brokers, forwarders and carriers.
* Work closely with Corporate Machine Order to coordinate delivery dates with vessel shipments for
* Follow-up with truck and rail carriers to expedite slow deliveries.
* Maintain daily contact with freight carriers/suppliers to discuss shipping schedules.
* Verify Decatur Redline, reconcile any grief and perform various clerical functions.
* Product knowledge, manufacturing and shipping knowledge as it relates to prime product, all requirements of transportation of machines, CMOPS, factory materials and inventory systems.
* Proficient in the use of personal computer and CRT.
* Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of shop and office personnel.
* Familiar with company policies and procedures with a strong department background.
* Able to build strong relationships with various stakeholders.