Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
We are looking for an experienced Shipping manager to manage daily shipping and distribution operations. You will be the one to ensure complete orders are shipped and delivered in a timely manner.
A successful shipping manager is analytical, well-organized and excels in communication. They must be comfortable with paperwork and information systems and have great knowledge of shipping and receiving procedures.
The goal is to ensure that the shipping processes are running smoothly and effectively.
- Use software to track, check, prioritize and route orders
- Manage all important documents such as advanced shipping notice, pick slips, bills of lading etc.
- Direct the flow of packages from preparation to shipment
- Inspect labels, barcodes and other features of completed orders
- Supervise and lead subordinates (receiving clerks, order pickers etc.)
- Control budget of the shipping department
- Collaborate with warehouse, purchasing and other managers to optimize processes
- Resolve issues regarding shipped orders
- Ensure compliance to legal regulations and company policies
- Report to management on activities and issues
- Solid knowledge of logistics procedures
- Experience in using EDI and preparing shipping documents (e.g. ASN)
- Computer savvy with excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel)
- Good understanding of budgeting and reporting
- Experience in directing and evaluating subordinates
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving abilities
- High school diploma; BSc/BA in supply chain, logistics or relative field is a definite plus
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified applicants should r forward a copy of updated CV and or cover letter to the HRM via this email address:firstname.lastname@example.org or forward your biodata to the phone number below.
Note: this job offer is for Lagos residents only and candidates must be ready to assume duty immediately.
Only: shortlisted applicants will be contacted