- Oil & Gas / Mining
- Logistics and Supply Chain
- Minimum Qualification
- Bachelor's Degree
- Required Experience
- 7 - 10 years
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Male or Female
- Adheres to the H3SE rules - Be in constant alignment with H3SE Company rules, Procedures, Instructions and applicable legislation - Take the necessary measures to avert immediate threat of danger. Exercising caution as necessary to avoid danger to persons and installations or avoid pollution.
- Manages the Compliance: - Ensure compliance of the Freight Forwarding processes with all internal Company rules (including OPS/CA guide to conduct) and all applicable laws and regulation (JV rules, Country laws...) - Ensure that all safety requirements such as certifications, identifications, etc. are fully complied as per company requirements and local government regulations - Organize, structure and coordinate company referential compliance in Freight Forwarding activities and report gaps - Ensure the good administration and filing of all the Freight Forwarding documents in line with the applicable procedures.
- Participates to the planning, coordination and organization of the Freight forwarding entity - Consolidate the planning related to shipments and customs clearance of goods - Coordinate international logistics, specifically for project shipments from material origin across the world to delivery at reception facility in Nigeria under the guidance of the Nigerian Law / regulations and in compliance to the company rule. - Help supervise and mentor Freight Forwarding officers and Graduate Freight forwarding officers on a day to day basis - Monitor the freight forwarders to ensure compliance to the statutory requirements for material importations are adhered to - Assists Transit Manager in the Contract Committees during the CFT
- Liaises with Métier partners and third parties for the Freight Forwarding entity - Liaise with base logistics, reception and warehousing personnel to ensure efficient operations and cargo deliveries - Liaise with the banks and government appointed shipment inspection agents on every shipment for appropriate duty payment classification in conformance to the statutory requirement - Liaise effectively with government agencies e.g NAFDAC, Customs, NPA in the bid to secure relevant permits and approvals for importation activities.
- Ensure appropriate and correct shipping documents are obtained from the suppliers, freight forwarders, airlines, banks and government appointed pre-shipment inspection agents. Optimize the activities of third party service provides and evaluate their performance
- Ensure that all import activities and shipping documentation are transacted and updated.
- Participates in the Freight Forwarding operations by performing the following activities: - Check Customs tariff positions and stud/interpret yearly government fiscal policies & amendments - Ensure KPI reporting and follow up - Supervise foreign purchases invoice certification reception, Freight Forwarding banking activities, import duties and shipping payments - To follow and know the market, participate to the follow-up and evaluation of clearing and freight forwarders.
- Proffer advisory role on customs clearing and shipping procedure guidance to service contractors with DDU/ DDP materials. - Prepare weekly, monthly and annual shipping activity reports in line with company rules - Participates in shipping contracts, procedures and policy formulation - Prepare service Level agreements for Freight Forwarders and Clearing Agents - Negotiate and handle settlements for material damages arising from operations in relations with Insurance - Ensure adequate record keeping of customs documents, notices, government regulatory documents and documentations of other third parties Interim:
- Act as Transit Manager during his/her absence
- A graduate of any Social Science discipline with at least 7 years experience in international trade / shipping in similar activities.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies in the Supply Chain and in Operational functions will be an added advantage.
- Good Knowledge of upstream metiers
- Good knowledge in Legal environment, Insurance, Tax
- Good Negotiation and Team management skills