Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
A newly engineering and property development company, seeks the services of a well-qualified Site Supervisor in its Property Development Group unit.
Job Summary:The Site Supervisor will oversee the construction activities that take place on work sites and will be involved in liaising with General Contractors, Subcontractors, regulatory bodies, etc. He/She will report to the Project Manager. All work crews and individuals on site will take their direction from the Site supervisor, who is responsible for knowing what work must be done and applying resources to accomplish that work. The Site Supervisor will plan, implement and oversee construction efforts at specific work sites. The Supervisor will be selected with equal emphasis on construction skills, the ability to transfer skills to others and create a team atmosphere for working together.
- To Monitor daily work activities and to report progress and issues of concern to the Project Manager.
- To be proactively involved in supporting the Project Manager throughout the duration of a project.
- To participate in reviewing the program on a weekly basis with the Project Manager.
- To maintain an accurately detailed daily site diary of site conditions, progress and the resources available to undertake the work activities throughout the construction phase.
- To aid the early identification and notification of contract variances and to adequately report such issues to the Project Manager.
- To ensure that appropriate PPE is worn at all times by all employees, subcontractors and visitors.
- To schedule delivery of needed materials and labour requests. Each delivery of goods is to be physically checked and counted for quality and quantity.
- To ensure that the site is kept in a neat and tidy condition at all times.
- To ensure that where applicable, contractors’ operatives are competent, qualified and licensed to undertake their work activities correctly.
- To ensure that all plant and equipment used are tested, maintained and certified as specified.
- To examine and inspect work progress, equipment and operational data in specified forms and reports.
- To ensure that company systems and processes are adhered to.
- To co-ordinate the activities of all subcontractors by regular briefings and checks.
- To ensure that all works are installed and executed in accordance with the contract documents.
- To maintain safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing safety standards, procedures and regulations.
- To maintain incidents’ record.
- To trouble-shoot and identify construction problems; offer timely and safe solutions.
- To ensure project proceeds in a timely manner.
- To manage tools and materials inventory for each project. Ensure unused materials are accounted for and reported to the Project Manager.
- To liaise with the main contractor, subcontractors and suppliers to ensure that project is completed according to design requirements and specifications.
- To investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites, to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of OND in a relevant field
- Must be computer literate
- Should have excellent project management skills
- Should have good interpersonal skills.
- Strictly Lagos Residents.