Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Perform a technical, organisational and supervisory role on construction projects, setting out and determining the location for above and underground infrastructural installations involved in construction operations.
- Acting as the main technical adviser on a construction site for subcontractors, crafts people and operatives;
- Checking plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations;
- Ensuring that all materials used and work performed are as per specifications;
- Overseeing the selection and requisition of materials and plant;
- Agreeing a price for materials and making cost-effective solutions and proposals for the intended project;
- Managing, monitoring and interpreting the contract design documents supplied by the client or architect;
- Liaising with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project;
- Liaising with the local authority (where appropriate to the project) to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and by-laws;
- Communicating with clients and their representatives (architects, engineers and surveyors), including attending regular meetings to keep them informed of progress;
- Day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors;
- Planning the work and efficiently organising the plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines;
- Overseeing quality control and health and safety matters on site;
- Preparing reports as required;
- Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Organisation skills and a methodical approach to work;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Negotiation skills;
- Strong team working skills;
- Excellent IT skills;
- Project management skills;
- Knowledge of relevant building and health and safety legislation.
Applicants should have minimum of HND/BSC in a construction-related discipline.
Interested applicants should forward their CV to HR through this email: email@example.com