Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Site managers are responsible for supervising construction sites and running construction projects.
Site managers are also known as site agents, contracts managers, construction managers and building managers.
They are employed to prepare sites prior to the commencement of construction work (to set out the site and organise facilities), to plan projects and ensure that they meet agreed specifications, budgets and timescales and to oversee building work.
Other responsibilities include:
- liaising with clients and reporting progress, professional staff (such as architects and surveyors) and the public
- supervising contracted staff
- meeting subcontractors
- making safety inspections and ensuring construction and site safety
- checking and preparing site reports, designs and drawings
- maintaining quality control procedures
- motivating the workforce
- problem solving
- using specialist construction management computer applications
Interested applicants should have a minimum of HND,BSc and any other qualification will be added an advantage.