Functional Area: Sales
Facility: Sales Branch Office
Travel Percent: 45%
Key Objectives of Position
- Responsible for achieving the Region’s Unit & Financial goals by effectively managing the Smartphone and Tablet product portfolio across Africa region in collaboration with Africa GM responsible for the P&L for related Smartphone and tablet products. The incumbent would build, implement, and execute relevant programs with high return on investment for the Region.
- This involves successfully integrating & executing to programs not limited to but including the following:
- Channel management and managing the distribution landscape across the ‘Africa’ territory
- Manage relationships and influence key stakeholders in both direct and indirect Large Format Retail partners
- Drive sell thru and sell out through the effective execution of various schemes and promotions and assessment of ROI of these programs
- Manage the field promoter program and Point of Sale with retailers
- Providing relevant input to the annual & quarterly planning cycles by LOB key financials (Units, AUR, AUM, Rev, Margin)
- Keen focus on customer needs
- Strong collaboration with Africa General Manager and other internal stakeholders
- Ability to build effective “virtual” teams and drive results through others in a complex cross-functional organization required.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills required, as well as an ability to interact effectively with high level decision makers / executives.
- Adapt at managing multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter; excels at unsupervised execution.
- Deep knowledge and insights about the Smartphone
- Acute business Sense and Keen Analytical Mind
Essential Experience & Key Skills:
- Over 15 years of experience in product management / portfolio planning / sales roles out of which at least 5 years should be in the feature phone / smart phone category
- Graduate across any discipline.