- Establish and maintain productive business relations/ partnerships with clients to enhance MTN services and sales for MTN.
- Assist in building an in-depth knowledge of the client’s operating environment, business drivers, objectives, strengths and challenges to be able to develop and implement solutions to meet their strategic needs.
- Develop a contact strategy; create and maintain an account development plan for each of the allocated accounts.
- Assist clients in understanding the value proposition and differentiations of the MTN data products and services.
- Handle all customer requests for service successfully including fault reports and billing queries.
- Increase MTN market share by achieving set target through the acquisition of new accounts as well as development and maintenance of current accounts.
- Monitor the completion of the end-to-end sales process – from client prospecting to bill delivery.
- Prepare and present all sales and contractual documentation to the customer, and ensure compliance with MTN standards.
- Ensure full integration of quality management processes within all sales activities for the allocated regional accounts, ensuring effective deployment on a day to day basis.
- Conduct research on potential customers and potential spend profile using the data mining system and analyse industries to identify new prospects or opportunities.
- Use relevant metrics and measures to routinely monitor performance against targets and take appropriate actions to ensure targets are met and exceeded.
- Track and provide sales performance data to support management decision - making and provide professional advice and input to develop sales plans.
- Ensure integrated channel management supported by appropriate systems such as the CRM; use knowledge management to increase the professionalism of account management.
- Prepare weekly and monthly regional sales status reports.