- Meet regularly with representatives of the NMEP, USAID, partners, and other stakeholders to integrate feedback including Federal, State and LGA strategic plans into key campaign messages, including correct and consistent LLIN use and maintenance; comprehension and use of ACTs; and increased use of ANC services.
- Working with the SBCC and Community Mobilization Officers, develop SBCC messages to improve at risk population’s awareness of the risk of malaria during pregnancy and promote the use of IPTp during various phases of pregnancy.
- Conduct strategic behaviour communications needs assessments and design, pre-test, and finalize drafts of SBCC/media materials in conjunction with NMEP and relevant partners
- Implement and monitor IEC/SBCC activities at the health facility and community level to ensure maximum local impact and education.
- Collaborate closely with the M&E Advisor to ensure the documentation of SBCC effects on target audiences by designing all messages to track specific, measurable behaviors.
- Identify complementary activities and align plans with the National Malaria Advocacy, Communication and Social Mobilization (ACSM) guidelines as well as with plans of other malaria projects.
- Monitor and report on all Nigeria Malaria Project SBCC activities.
- Respond to the specified deliverables and goals of contracts and grant agreements, ensuring achievements in a timely manner and in full support and compliance with FHI360 contractual agreement.
- Work with the Malaria Technical Director, collaborate and build capacity of Ministry of Health and private-sector counterparts to develop, implement, and monitor SBCC messaging and implementation.
- Contribute to work plans, budgets, pipelines, technical reports, and deliverables.
- Perform other duties as directed by the supervisor.
- Complete detailed strategy write-ups, work plans, and deliver quarterly reports and all other reporting requirements.
- Oversees the work of consultants and subcontractors, as required.