United States Mission Nigeria
No. 2016-008 Date: May 5, 2016 Ref:
Subject: SOCIAL AND BEHAVIOR CHANGE COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
Location: ABUJA – USAID/ HEALTH, POPULATION AND NUTRITION OFFICE (HPN)
ALL INTERESTED CANDIDATES
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION TITLE: Social and Behavior Change Communications Specialist, FSN-10
OPENING DATE: May 5, 2016
CLOSING DATE: May 18, 2016
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
SALARY: OR – Ordinarily Resident–N8,795,684 p.a (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-10
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
USAID/Nigeria in Abuja is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the Social and Behavior Change Communications Specialist position in the Health, Population, and Nutrition Office.
NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are being considered. Thank you for your understanding.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
The Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) Project Management Specialist provides technical and programmatic SBCC expertise to the Health, Population, and Nutrition (HPN) Office under the supervision of the HPN Director or his/her designee. The main responsibilities of the position are project management and provision of SBCC technical knowledge to members of the HPN Office. This includes acting as an Agreement Officer’s Representative (AOR)/Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) for bilateral agreements or contracts and as an Activity Manager for field support activities, participating in the design of new programs and projects, monitoring and evaluating on-going programs, and advising USAID/Nigeria and other stakeholders on best practices for SBCC. Additionally, he/she will participate in relevant sector-wide technical working groups with the Ministry of Health (MOH) and other donors, and will help USAID/Nigeria to integrate evidence based, state-of-the-art health communications and SBCC activities into malaria; family planning/reproductive health (FP/RH); and maternal, newborn, and child health (MNCH), and other health programs, as needed.
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- University degree in any of the following: Public Health, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology or university –level course work in Social and Behavior Change Communications Specialist (SBCC) is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible professional experience working in a health organization, particularly in the areas of malaria, maternal and child health (MCH) and/or family planning/reproductive health (FP/RH) in Nigeria. At least, three (3) years of this experience should be in the planning, developing, implementation, and evaluation of integrated health programs for donor organizations, or Nigeria public or private sector institutions. Professional experience developing, executing and evaluating SBCC activities are required.
- Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English Language is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
- Level III (Good working knowledge) Hausa language is required. This will be tested.
- State of art, specialized knowledge of technical and programmatic approaches in public health, SBCC, program management strategies, and monitoring and evaluation method. Knowledge of the concepts, principles, techniques, and practices of Nigerian malaria control, MCH or FP/RH policies and programs. Thorough knowledge of Nigerian economic, political, social and cultural characteristics and the history.