Marie Stopes International Organization Nigeria (MSION) is a results-orientated non-Governmental organisation Social Enterprise, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to meet the needs of the underserved, and dramatically improve access to high quality family planning and other reproductive health services in Nigeria, MSION is member of Marie Stopes International's Global Partnership, which operates in over 42 countries worldwide,
The core responsibility of this post is to use your:
- Results orientation
- Commitment to personal development
To further MSI's partnership mission of: empowering individuals to have children by choice not chance
Marie Stopes International Organization Nigeria (MSION) is seeking the services of result orientated, competent, clinicians and service delivery focused individuals to implement a new USAID funded Family Health plus Project (FH+), which aims at building the capacity of public sector providers to provide long acting reversible contraceptives (LARCs) using a competency based approach which includes didactic training, coaching, supportive supervision and mentoring, Furthermore, FH+ will strengthen the overall health system and empower users to demand quality FP and improve their access to long-acting family planning in 20 States in Nigeria
Reporting To: SBCC Manager
Duration Of Contract: 2 years
Probationary Period: 6 months
- Work closely with regional and clinical training teams in creating demand for Long Acting and Reversible Contraception (LARC) services.
- Develop and implement a mix of strategies and initiatives that would ensure promotion/marketing activities of LARC 51 services in FH" supported States.
- Track and report impact of marketing initiatives based on client feedback on service uptake
- Document best practices of the community mobilization activities and organize shared learning's within MSION for better performance and achievements
- Establish a referral linkage and tracking system between communities and Blue Star Franchisees.
- Create an effective positive image of MSION and increase client number to facilities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Degree in Development Studies, Public Health Nurse, Communication related field, Marketing or relevant field or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years demonstrated Technical expertise in the area of social marketing, reproductive health, maternal, HIV and/or child health preferred
- Experience of DfiD, USAID, Gates funded projects, including working in a diverse team environment preferred
- Ability to work effectively in partnership with a variety of audiences and organizations especially CBOs
- Practical experience and willingness to travel to low-income and/or rural community mobilization
- Experience in managing volunteers, including recruitment, training and support