- Analyze and evaluate both existing and potential social media activities and strategies.
- Conduct, gather and analyze market research to determine social media programs and initiatives.
- Work closely with other relevant departments to ensure tight integration of all social media programs and initiatives.
- Develop unique value prepositions, business partnerships, and social media programs that are targeted toward key customer segment.
- Participate and initiate online conversations across a variety of channels.
- Educate and prepare key messaging and presentation material for senior management.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (legal, customer support, product management etc) to provide support to their initiators.
- Measure the success of social media activities and report the result to management.
- Create, maintain and execute a social media editorial calendar and posting schedule.
- The following competencies (behaviours and characteristics) have been identified as key to success in the positions. Successful candidates are expected to demonstrate these competencies:
- Strategic Thinking - Can identify a vision along with the plans that need to be implemented to meet the end goal. Evaluates situations, decisions, issues, etc. in the short, medium and longer-term.
- Achievement: have the necessary determination and tenacity to complete high quality work, overcoming obstacles caused by conflicting priorities, lack of resources or difficult or demanding situation or under consistent high pressure.
- Analytical Thinking: Ability to prioritise and take important timely and quality judgement/decisions based on an assessment of the impact and implications of the likely outcomes.
- Flexibility: Ability to adapt to and work with a variety of situations, individuals and groups, as well as willingness to learn/improve own skills, plan, take initiative and organize work independently.
- Entrepreneurship: Ability to formulate new ideas or to adapt or use existing ideas in a new or unexpected way to solve problems, thereby increasing effectiveness of our work.
- Self-Awareness: Have an understanding of own strengths, limitations, emotions, etc and how it impacts on others.
- Teamworking: Ability to establish harmonious work-relationships with colleagues in a multicultural environment.
- Communication: Ability to present, discuss and explain coherently and logically both in writing and verbally.
- Resilience - Ability to maintain personal effectiveness by managing own emotions in the face of pressure, set backs or when dealing with provocative situations. Can demonstrate an approach to work that is characterised by commitment, motivation and energy.
- Influencing and Persuading - Ability to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others. Can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change.
- Ability to work under pressure - Maintain composure under intense pressure while working to meet deadlines; respond and adapt to emergency situations.
- A job description is a written statement of the essential characteristics of the job, with its principal accountabilities, incorporating a note of the skills, knowledge and experience required for a satisfactory level of performance.
- This is not intended to be a complete, detailed account of all aspects of the duties involved.
- B.Sc or HND.
- Highly creative and enterprising.
- A track record of performance excellence meeting targets and obligations.
- Strong analytical planning, forecasting and research skills
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and demanding time frame
- Knowledge and understanding of technology, search, new trends and the latest on social media innovation.
- Must excel at online research, possess excellent writing skills and have ability to create editorial content at a moment notice
- Proficient in Microsoft office products.
- Ability to integrate social media into broader marketing Company
- Ability to identify threats and opportunities within the user generated content space and make quick decisions.
- Experience in integrating content into multiple social distribution channels.
- Proven track record of listening and engaging with the online community and acting on their behalf.