• Analyze business requirements and create/maintain Functional Specifications Document as required.
• Engage in requirements identification, development of software engineering specifications, solution analysis and design on a wide range of assignments including software development, maintenance, and application developer support.
• Determine and develop approach to assignments and development of new products.
• Identify risks, risk mitigation plan, and dependencies to deliver work estimates and validated delivery plans.
• Participate in code reviews to ensure adherence to product functional specification, maintainability, extensibility and quality objectives.
• Apply and adhere to established engineering process.
• Execute software development plans and work with project managers and product teams to ensure on time delivery.
• Ensure all output is securely stored in central electronic repository.
• Provide regular weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
• Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, Engineering (Computer/Telecommunication) or equivalent.
• Minimum 2 years solid programming experience in C and C++ (e.g., mastery of pointers, OOP programming a must).
• At least 1 year experience in business analysis and writing functional specifications preferred but not required.
• Strong Application Development background in an embedded platform.
• Understanding of POS, EMV and/or Financial Online Processing a major plus.
• Good understanding of TCP/IP or other related Network Programming principles preferred but not required.
• Good knowledge and experience working with Client Specifications.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Must be a self-starter and able to work with remote supervision.