Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Generally, software developers write the computer programs used for everything from the systems that allow computers to run properly to the latest software applications for mobile devices. It’s an expanding field that requires creative minds who want to be on the cutting edge of finding new uses for technology.
Software developers typically spend their days analyzing the needs of clients and then designing a system to meet those needs. They might also recommend software upgrades to existing systems. More detailed work comes in the form of designing the step-by-step flowcharts for computing systems that show how program code must be written in order for it to work properly.
Software developers document all of their tasks to ensure that subsequent users can diagnose and fix any problems that might arise in a system, as well perform any maintenance.
Reviewing current systems
• Presenting ideas for system improvements, including cost proposals
• Working closely with analysts, designers and staff
• Producing detailed specifications and writing the program codes
• Testing the product in controlled, real situations before going live
• Preparation of training manuals for users
• Maintaining the systems once they are up and running
• Expertise in current computer hardware and software
• Ability to use one or more development language (C++, PHP, HTML, etc.)
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work in a team
• Eye for detail and identifying problems
• An understanding of business
• Analytical and commercial experience