Due to increased growth, Amazon Development Centre is recruiting a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to work with the development and testing teams to further grow and enhance our automation test coverage. Our Software Engineers working in QA are passionate about product quality test tools, test processes and product features and ensuring the right test strategy is built into the business to deliver quality services to our global customers. It will be the SDET's responsibility to develop and enhance test automation frameworks and tools, lead test efforts, and explore new test
automation tools and methods. You will own the investigation and direction of automation tools to help deliver the next generation of quality global VOD services across IP-TV, games consoles and IP connected devices.
- Bachelors Degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related field.
- Solid software testing experience (via building automated test software)
- Experience in development and testing in Agile Software development projects
- Experience in QA Methodologies; ability to understand technical specifications and analyze log files, experience in designing and building test tools and systems
- Knowledge of modern best practices for professional software
- Development including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Demonstrated ability to identify real-world user problems and build technology solutions to solve them
- In communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Exhibits strong leadership qualities including excellent judgment, relentlessly high standards, can dive deep and remain in touch with business details, drives innovation in their teams, invokes passion in others, can think big, and delivers results
- Proven experience in testing with a creative edge, strong
- Problem-solving skills, a solid software development foundation and the desire to be an individual contributor to Amazon
- Proven experience of developing the best automation test tools such as Selenium, Jmeter, Cucumber, Hudson/Jenkins, Gherkin, Fitnesse and Bamboo
- A complete understanding of lean and agile methods of software delivery and the principles and practices of BDD, ATDD and TDD
- Ability to programmatically test the product, measure test coverage, drive testability and diagnostic ability into the product, while promoting best practices in quality areas
- Experience of black-box testing on set-top-boxes/IP-connected devices, games consoles and tablets
- Demonstrate very strong debugging skills
- Ability to expose broad defects in production level code as well as defects at the component and feature integration prospective
- Command the skill to communicate clearly and effectively to enable efficient work in both team and individual environments with also the ability to work independently through ambiguity and rapid changes
- Experience with embedded systems
- Excellent object oriented analysis and design skills (OOA/OOD)
- Solid grounding in computer science fundamentals Algorithms and
- Data Structures
- ISEB/ISTQB Software Tester Foundation Certified
- Proficient in building test beds/frameworks
- Be able to thrive in an ambiguous environment - where change is the only constant.
- Strong verbal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and an out of the box thinker.
- Results oriented and with a strong customer focus.
- Understanding of application architecture and technology infrastructure