Television is changing. Amazon Instant Video (AIV) would like to offer every film to everyone to watch instantly anywhere. Would you like to join us to help shape the future of TV?
AIV delivers films and TV shows instantly to PCs, portable devices, consoles, and TVs worldwide. We have opportunities for talented engineers, designers, testers, product managers, and technical leaders to join our development teams in London to work on global features in our web services platform, web development, big screen devices, and tablet devices development teams. You will be encouraged to see the big picture, be creative, and positively impact millions of customers. This is a young and evolving business where creativity and drive can have a lasting impact on the way video is enjoyed worldwide.
Teams at ADCL:
The AIV Website organization delivers a superlative and immersive experience to Amazon Instant Video and LoveFilm customers worldwide. As an Amazon SDE you would design, develop, deploy and own the customer-facing functionality on every AIV and LOVEFiLM website worldwide.
The AIV Platform team builds the services that power all of Amazon Instant Video and LoveFilm devices and web globally. As an Amazon SDE you would design, develop, test, and run operations for core platform (web) services.
Big Screen team:
The AIV Big Screen team designs and builds user interfaces using the latest web technologies, to enable viewers to watch content across a wide range of TVs, connected devices and games consoles. The team passionately believes in combining the two key new media disciplines, design and development, to produce user interfaces of extraordinary elegance and power.
The AIV Mobile team designs and builds the user interface and playback experience for iOS. This covers Amazon Instant Video in the US and LoveFilm in the UK and Germany. Applications are currently delivered to iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. Our team’s goal is to build the best video and playback experience for customers bar none. As an Amazon SDE you would contribute to design, development, deployment and operation of the iOS applications – and work with engineering teams across the entire service stack including encoding, DRM and content delivery to deliver this best in class experience.
- In-progress degree in Computer Science or related field
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience developing in at least one of Java, C, C++, or Perl
- Interest in developing web services, or other large scale distributed systems
- Interest in designing and developing interactive experiences for games consoles, mobile and tablets
- Understanding of software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including agile software development, use of software IDEs, use of source control management