- Works with the client or user to define a costed and prioritized programme of systems development that supports the organizations objectives and strategic plans.
- Takes responsibility for the safe execution of systems development tasks. Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of systems development task.
- Effectively estimates timescales and resource requirements for the successful delivery of the task.
- Ensures that resources are made available to support the agreed programme of systems development and that they are properly utilised and accounted for. Ensures that client or user management is both aware of and able to provide the resources that are required of them.
- Works with business and analysis teams to investigate and model business functions, processes, information flows and data structures, using methodical and consistent techniques.
- Uses appropriate quality assurance processes to ensure that projects are carried out in accordance with the organisations agreed, standards, methods and a procedures.
- Monitors timescales and resources used, and takes action where these deviate from agreed tolerances. Ensures that delivered systems are implemented within these criteria. Documents all work in accordance with agreed standards.
- Conducts reviews of supplied specifications and leads reviews of colleagues work. Provides guidance and assistance to colleagues in in all aspects of program design, creation, testing and documentation.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations on technical options as appropriate.
- Leads software process improvement assignments applying knowledge, skills and expertise. Identifies, proposes and initiates software process improvement activities, devising solutions that are justified by measurable business benefits.
- Experience with Project and Programme Management methodologies and tools
- Proven history of leading by example
- Highly developed communication and negotiation skills, including the demonstrated ability to communicate, influence and negotiate outcomes at a senior management level
- Software development methodologies
- Structured reviews and software testing
- Appreciation of tools and techniques covering unit testing, static analysis, code coverage and code complexity
- Object Oriented development languages and frameworks, particularly .Net
· C# .net
· MS SQL Server
· IBM Message Broker
· Exposure to Maximo
· MS Sharepoint development and web part development
· Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)