Typical work activities will include:
- Meeting with system users to understand the scope of projects;
- Working with software developers and project support teams;
- Identifying business requirements;
- Monitoring applications and software systems;
- Stress, performance, functional and scalability testing;
- Writing and executing test scripts;
- Running manual and automated tests;
- Testing in different environments including web and mobile;
- Writing bug reports;
- Resource planning;
- Writing & reviewing documentation;
- Project planning and working towards departmental and project deadlines;
- Quality assurance and problem solving
- Providing objective feedback to software development project teams;
- Designing tests to mitigate risk;
- Presenting findings to software development and business user teams;
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent analytical thinking, broad perspective, being overall smart
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn new productivity tools and constructs like Excel, UML, an image editing tool etc
- High level of initiative with ability to self-manage.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.