Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Technical Support Specialist Duties:
• Evaluates system potential by testing compatibility of new programs with existing programs.
• Evaluates expansions or enhancements by studying work load and capacity of computer system.
• Achieves computer system objectives by gathering pertinent data; identifying and evaluating options; recommending a course of action.
• Confirms program objectives and specifications by testing new programs; comparing programs with established standards; making modifications.
• Improves existing programs by reviewing objectives and specifications; evaluating proposed changes; recommending changes; making modifications.
• Evaluates vendor-supplied software by studying user objectives; testing software compatibility with existing hardware and programs.
• Places software into production by loading software into computer; entering necessary commands.
• Places hardware into production by establishing connections; entering necessary commands.
• Maximizes use of hardware and software by training users; interpreting instructions; answering questions.
• Maintains system capability by testing computer components.
• Prepares reference for users by writing operating instructions.
• Maintains historical records by documenting hardware and software changes and revisions.
• Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
With experience, and sometimes further training, it is possible to advance to higher positions, such as IT manager. Specialise in a particular area such as wages and entitlement and staff training.
Maximizes computer system capabilities by studying technical applications; making recommendations.
Skills and Qualifications:
• HND, B.Sc. degree or any relevant discipline
• Problem Solving, Presenting Technical Information, Process Improvement, Software Maintenance, Software Testing, Network Design and Implementation, Software Performance Tuning, Network Performance Tuning
• good planning, organisational, analytical and decision-making skills
• good oral and written communication skills
• tactful and discrete when dealing with people and confidential information