- Responsible for implementation of large, medium and small IT projects for Emirates Group and enhancements projects for work program spanning across large business units in Emirates Group. Identify technology road map for the assigned technologies and ensures they are kept up to date and best practices are followed. Plan, implement and manage technology accelerators and reusable frameworks to drive cost efficiency and improve time to market.
- Managing a large group of Software Engineers, solution architects and project mangers.
- Responsible for planning software delivery work programme, including new software development and software enhancements and managing system development teams. Assigns projects and work items to software development teams and monitors performance, providing advice, guidance and assistance.
- Take complete ownership for the delivery of the high quality software, including estimates, technical design, programming, unit testing, defects removal, implementation and post implementation and ensure that it is delivered within agreed cost and timescales, in accordance with IT standards and industry best practice, to meet and ideally exceed customer expectation.
- Improve quality, time to market and agility through the development and use of technology accelerators and frameworks. Ensure that technology accelerators and frameworks are continuously improved in line with industry best practices and IT standards, resulting in cost efficiency.
There are Software Technologies Manager roles available under the following domains:
Experience and Qualifications:
- 08+ yrs of IT experience with in depth experience in a software delivery role and senior IT management capacity. Role holder will have managed large scale software deliveries and or, managed an operational IT unit or a large team. The ideal candidate will be a strong technical manager with leadership experience.
- Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent)
- Technical certifications in software engineering
- Extensive knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle, Project Management, Methods & Tools, Software Development and process improvement, Leadership. A technology leader who has broad management experience.