• Support and drive end-to-end sales of the Ericsson products and services portfolio in line with the strategic requirements by providing specialist sales knowledge, implementing end-to-end product and services strategies and programs and driving market requirements to grow the overall business within sub-Saharan Africa,
• Sell competitive product / services / solutions through a consultative approach, focusing on customer needs, involving one or a set of products / services for one or many accounts,
• Find new products / services / solutions and introduce them in the market area with the goal of increasing Ericsson revenue and profitability,
• Manage customers requirements and customer expectations from pre-sales through to the implementation stages of the project,
• Significantly contribute to the global building of Practice assets, including development and re-use of offerings, processes, methods and tools, and best practice sharing,
• Supporting the sales organization as an expert in the solution portfolio, including answering Statement of Compliance documents, developing solution descriptions, writing and reviewing marketing and sales material,
• Responsible for the development of solutions in the sales process and taking responsibility in the delivery phase. Can act as Customer Solution Responsible (CSR).
• Act as the technical lead for all solutions, with a high level of Customer interaction and co-ordination with Product Units, Systems Integration Competence Centres and the Customer Technical and Marketing Teams.
• Responsible to secure that the deliveries of solutions to customers, including Solution Description, Solutions Analysis, Dimensioning, High and Low Level Design, documentation, proposals, and other requested and relevant requirements are made in a professional way.
• Participate in customer workshops, providing solution and technical expertise and make solution presentations.
Our Customer base is Global, however primarily concentrated in EMEA. As such willingness to travel is a pre-requisite for this role. This is a highly visible and pro-active role requiring inter-personal skills. It will demand constant interaction with Account Teams and the end customer, in order to understand the operator's business issues, and to be able to find opportunities for evolving our solutions, thereby creating new business. It also demands good networking capabilities. This role is likely to be suited to experienced technical persons with end-to-end Technical knowledge, with demonstrable Communication and Consultative skills.
• Derive and promote strategies, customize roadmaps, formulate (value) arguments for products and complete solutions
• Provide leadership and lead in assigned area
• Provide input into project planning, resource/budget planning, timescales, risk analysis, and work-breakdown packets
• Pro-actively support customers and accounts to win new business.
• Support our Key Accounts with Specialist Sales knowledge.
• Drive the Fixed Broadband and Convergence targets and strategies in the region.
• Secure that the FBC portfolio is locally adapted and supported in the region.
• Business Intelligence analysis and counter tactics on competitor behaviour.
• Knowledge Management: Capture innovation, best practices and re-use.
• Act as Customer Solution Responsible (product and services solution) on large projects if required.
• Track performance of installed product base and evaluate expansion and upgrade opportunities.
• Support Sales Teams and Engagement Practice Area with Commercial Support such as Total Cost of Ownership modeling, business model development, pricing models and customer trials.
• Product configuration, Solution and Statement of Compliance for proposals.
• Build long term customer relationships and position Ericsson as a business partner.
• Support the engagement consultants in developing the value propositions for engagements with customers.
• Develop strategy, business plan and forecast for product/services introduction into the region.
• Conduct technical marketing with value propositions within the solution area, by doing technical presentations and arranging product seminars for the customer and internally within Ericsson.
• Act as interface to Business Unit and Operations, relaying key messages of product /services development and strategies and ensuring successful field implementation of products and services.
• BSc degree or equivalent (MSc or equivalent preferred)
• MBA a plus
• PMP (or equivalent) a plus
• Minimum of 3 years relevant professional experience
• Familiar with IP and IP-RAN (not necessarily expert)
• Sound understanding of Packet Core, Deep Packet Inspection (DPI), EPC, MPBN
• Knowledge of SGSN, GGSN
• Knowledge of 2G/GPRS, 3G/WCDMA/HSPA, LTE.
• Knowledge of CDMA and/or WiMAX and/or WiFi a plus
• Good understanding of Gx, Gy, RADIUS, DIAMETER, DNS, SNMP, LDAP, SCAP, etc.
• Experience with Policy Control and Charging