A unique position has arisen for a committed Sommelier at Al Muntaha Restaurant in Burj Al Arab. As a member of the largest Sommelier team in Dubai you would be required to service the restaurant, perform food and beverage duties, control individual beverage costs, manage cellar stock levels and inventory, as well as undertake weekly and monthly training with outlets and fellow Sommelier.
This is a target driven role and you and will be responsible for the restaurant and its organisation according to the Burj Al Arab policy and the operational targets. You are expected to co-ordinate and control all activities in the restaurant as well as manage the relationship with other Food & Beverage outlets. In addition, you will assist in the management of office on an administrative level, sharing duties with the Restaurant Managers and the Sommelier team.
- Driving beverage revenue in the outlet and maintain beverage cost within budget by effective upselling.
- Responsible for the restaurant and its organisation according to the Burj Al Arab policy and the operational targets.
- Assist in management of office on an administrative level, sharing duties with the Restaurant Managers and Sommelier department.
- Responsible for the beverage service according to the Burj Al Arab policy and the operational targets.
- Train all F&B team members on existing and new products, as well as selling techniques and any other necessary training.
- Constantly review guest feedback, JD Power, Mystery Shopper results and plan and implement corrective action if needed to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Ensure that team adhere to all hotel and company standards, Business conduct and ethics, policies and procedures including Health, Hygiene & Safety.
- Use knowledge and skill to assist guests by recommending suitable wine accompaniments for their dinner.
- Benchmark and keep track of the competitors regarding special promotions and rate packages.
- Ensure that the restaurant/bar is fully set up for beverage service before each service period.
- Ensure that beverage is prepared to agreed recipes and standards.
- Ensure that requisitions are completed accurately and promptly.
- Organise and facilitate training sessions for all restaurant staff.
- Comply with all hotel policies, procedures and Brand Standards.
- Co-ordinate and control all activities in the restaurant.
- Control and monitor wine orders, stock and par level.
- Handle stock holding and the administration of same.
- Creating new cocktails and driving the mixology concept.
- Implement, maintain and control LQA standards.
- Assist with orientation of new team members.
- Handle guest complains.
In order to be considered for the role you will be WSET Level 3 qualified or a Certified Sommelier and will have worked in a similar role in a fine dining 5* environment for at least 1 year.
You must be a good decision maker, very hands on and supportive in achieving the common team goals.
You should possess a internationally recognised college degree and will be confident using the Microsoft Office suite. In addition to strong spoken business English, another European language would be an advantage.
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which include: your own single room accommodation/live out allowance, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, annual flight allowance, medical and emergency dental coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.