To recommend and serve wines to the customers and trains all the service employees of the restaurant on wine knowledge and service.
- Drive sales through up-selling and incentive programs, and tailoring wine recommendations to guests based on their preferences
- Ensure standards mentioned below are known and respected by all restaurant and bar employees
- Review the service standards on a monthly basis and advise the following topics:
- Wine list presentation
- Promotional displays
- Wine service and clearance
- Recommending wines - matching food & wine
- Wine stocks
- Ensure the respect of minimum par stocks
- Review of stock turnover for quality and quantity on a daily basis
- Ensure proper and secure storage of the stocks according to the nature of the item
- Ensure a continuous respect of all health and hygiene standards
- Keep records of the guest comments related to wines
- Keep records of the wine sales and promotional sales
- Spoilage and breakage reports according to the hotel procedures
- Participation in employees evaluations and appraisals
- Purchase requests
- Planning of wine promotions
- Ensure a follow up on all training sessions conclude with an evaluation
You will be WSET Level 3 qualified and will have worked in a similar role in a fine dining 5* environment for at least 3 years. Hotel experience is a pre-requite.
This is a target driven role and you and will be responsible for the restaurant and its organisation according to the Madinat Jumeirah's policy and the operational targets. You are expected to co-ordinate and control all activities in the restaurant as well as manage the relationship with other Food & Beverage outlets. In addition, you will assist in the management of office on an administrative level, sharing duties with the Food & Beverage team.
You should possess an internationally recognised college degree and will be confident using the Microsoft Office suite. In addition to strong spoken business English, another European language would be an advantage.