The main purpose of this role is to recommend and serve wines to the customers and trains all the service employees of the restaurant on wine knowledge and service.
- Drive sales through up-selling and incentive programs, and tailoring wine recommendations to guests based on their preferences
- Ensure standards mentioned below are known and respected by all restaurant and bar employees
- Review the service standards on a monthly basis and advise the following topics:
- Wine list presentation
- Promotional displays
- Wine service and clearance
- Recommending wines – matching food & wine
- Wine stocks
- Ensure the respect of minimum par stocks
- Review of stock turnover for quality and quantity on a daily basis
- Ensure proper and secure storage of the stocks according to the nature of the item
- Ensure a continuous respect of all health and hygiene standards
- Keep records of the guest comments related to wines
- Keep records of the wine sales and promotional sales
- Spoilage and breakage reports according to the hotel procedures
- Participation in employees evaluations and appraisals
- Purchase requests
- Planning of wine promotions
- Ensure a follow up on all training sessions conclude with an evaluation
In order to be considered for the role you will be WSET Level 3 qualified and will have worked in a similar role in a fine dining 5* environment for at least 3 years. Hotel experience is a pre-requite.
This is a target driven role and you and will be responsible for the restaurant and its organisation according to the Madinat Jumeirah's policy and the operational targets. You are expected to co-ordinate and control all activities in the restaurant as well as manage the relationship with other Food & Beverage outlets. In addition, you will assist in the management of office on an administrative level, sharing duties with the Food & Beverage team.
You should possess a internationally recognised college degree and will be confident using the Microsoft Office suite. In addition to strong spoken business English, another European language would be an advantage.