Purpose of the Job:
Responsible for the execution of “Sourcing to Contract” specifically: Source to contract (sourcing plan, tender, negotiate and contract), Spend and compliance reporting and Commercial risk management.
- The development and execution of sourcing plans for marketing categories
- To ensure the end market category sourcing and contracts meet the business requirements through the execution of the strategic sourcing process.
- To apply global policies, standards and platforms including the agreed Sourcing Management methodology and approach and to deliver robust terms and conditions that manages BAT’s service delivery and commercial risk.
- To lead the process of sourcing execution to ensure delivery of the stakeholder requirements and targets
- To drive and facilitate “source to contract” for specific end market categories. This includes the resolution of any contracts related issues and includes one-off spend items.
- To ensure contracts are completed for all relevant agreements and that SLA ’s (Service Level Agreements) have been agreed with the relevant business owner.
- To manage negotiation and supplier selection within the framework of any category strategies or sourcing strategies.
- To apply the agreed global policies, standards and platforms.
- Provide forecasts on prices and market changes as an input into planning where appropriate.
- To own marketing supply base management building strong internal and external business relationships to ensure the delivery of the category goals.
- To facilitate the creation of supplier SLA ’s and performance check-points. Manage and resolve contractual performance issues and escalate where required.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective partnerships working across geographic boundaries.
- Ability to influence business partners and suppliers as well as the ability to be assertive if required to ensure compliance to contract.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant business discipline
- CIPS Corporate Diploma in Purchasing and/or membership of The Chartered Institute for Purchasing and Supply or equivalent country qualification or membership would be an advantage
- Supplier and contract management experience
- Professional knowledge of procurement principles, corporate regulations, including high order negotiation skills.
- Experience of sourcing at a local level for a period of 2 - 5 years
- Good interpersonal skills and numerical skills
- Thorough knowledge of supply market, supplier capabilities and competitor activity, and expected trends at a local level.
- Proven capability of applying supplier management techniques to ensure contracted benefits are delivered.
- Detailed understanding of financial evaluation and interpretation of supplier’s records and their key cost and business drivers.
- Understanding of the processes, timelines and constraints for the development and delivery of new products.