Purpose of the Job:
Develop and monitor implementation of strategic procurement plans for the sourcing of Indirects goods and services for the factory environment (Ibadan, Iseyin & Zaria) in BAT Nigeria. Ensure flexibility of supplies, appropriate quality and complexity reduction at the best total cost.
Responsible for the execution of End market category “Sourcing to Contract” specifically:
- Source to contract (sourcing plan, tender, negotiate and contract)
- Spend and compliance reporting
- Commercial risk management
- Contract Management
- Responsible for the development and execution of sourcing plans for Indirects goods and services in the factory environment of BAT Nigeria (Ibadan, BATIA & Zaria) with final implementation of contracts.
- To ensure the category sourcing and contracts for Indirects goods and services in the factory environment of BAT Nigeria (Ibadan, BATIA & Zaria) meets the business requirements through the execution of the strategic sourcing process.
- To adhere to applicable policies, standards and platforms including the agreed Sourcing Management methodology and approach and to deliver robust terms and conditions that manages BAT’s service delivery and commercial risk.
- Support the Above Market team on all projects.
- Update all report platforms (FISP, IBTT, SCTT etc) as required by the business
- Analyse financial and market data, to build and maintain knowledge on all aspects of our supply related external environment, on behalf of the business.
- To ensure contracts are completed for all relevant agreements and that SLA’s (Service Level Agreements) have been agreed with the relevant business owner.
- Provide forecasts on prices and market changes as an input into planning where appropriate
- To lead the process of sourcing execution to ensure delivery of the stakeholder requirements and targets.
- Identifying and managing the risk which exists whenever goods and services are contracted out to suppliers and service providers.
- Ensure full cross-functional commitment to strategies through communication, education and evaluation of initiatives.
- To identify new products and services that may impact on sourcing execution and escalate to the Procurement Business Manager - Operations
- To own commercial supply base management building strong internal and external business relationships to ensure the delivery of the category goals.
- To facilitate the creation of supplier SLA ’s and performance check-points.
- Management of multi-functional teams and high level of project management skills.
- Maintain high level of internal customer satisfaction with all stakeholders
- To strive for continuous improvement initiatives with suppliers, managing resource and actions from other functions into this process to deliver quality enhancement and smart spend management.
- University degree level education or equivalent of HND from recognized institutions of higher Learning
- CIPS Corporate Diploma in Purchasing and/or membership of The Chartered Institute for Purchasing and Supply or equivalent country qualification or MBA would be an advantage
- 3-5 years thorough knowledge of supply market, supplier capabilities, competitor activity, and expected trends at a local level.
- Detailed understanding of financial evaluation and interpretation of supplier’s records and their key cost and business drivers.
- Proficient in supplier assessment processes that are used to develop supplier improvement plans Detailed understanding of e-commerce tools (such as e-Sourcing, etc.) to enhance and sustain the Indirect Procurement processes
- Full understanding of the category total cost model, cost drivers and all factors needed to ensure a robust agreement for BAT (including specification and testing requirements).
- Professional knowledge of procurement principals, including high order negotiation skills.
Sound knowledge of corporate regulations and legislation to ensure the creation of effective contracts
- High level of commercial awareness.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven negotiation skills and influencing skills: able to influence business partners and suppliers as well as the ability to be assertive if required to ensure compliance to contract.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective partnerships.
- A focus on quality service delivery at the best total value.
- SAP MM and MS Excel