SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Souse Chef shall employ his culinary and managerial skills in order to play a critical role in maintaining and enhancing customers’ satisfaction at the AUN Hotel and Club in line with established standards and procedures.
DETAILED LISTING OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To delegates job responsibilities in the kitchen.
- To support Executive Chef in kitchen administration and operation.
- Ability to instruct cooks and teach on culinary arts.
- Design task schedules for kitchen staff and ensure safety.
- Ensure food are prepared in safe, hygienic and healthy environment.
- Help in the preparation and design of all food and drinks menus
- Produce high quality plates both design and taste wise
- Ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our quality standards
- Fill in for the Executive Chef in planning and directing food preparation when necessary
- Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation
- Manage and train kitchen staff, establish working schedule and assess staff’s performance
- Order supplies to stock inventory appropriately
- Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Any other duties as assigned.
Requirements for the position:
- National Diploma from a reputable institution.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in 3 to 4 star hotel as a head cook or sous chef.
- Good command of English language.
- Age 30 to 45years old
- Smart and energetic personality
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Creativity and knowledge of ingredients in the kitchen for 4 star hotel.
- Leadership skills. To be in charge as a support for Executive Chef.
- Hand -Eye Coordination.
- Sense of Taste.
- Time Management.
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the Hotel.