An exciting role has arisen in the Carnevale Restaurant at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel for a highly talented Sous Chef. The main purpose of this position is to assist the Chef de Cuisine in the daily operation of the Carnevale Restaurant kitchen.
- Ensuring that all outlet reports, schedules, standard recipes, menus, food presentation photographs and correspondence are completed in liaison with the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chefs.
- Developing menus and "specials" which meet the needs of the target market and are in line with the operating concept for the restaurant.
- Developing menus and set standard recipes which allow the restaurant to run at an acceptable food cost, thereby satisfying guest needs and expectations.
- Ensuring that operating and kitchen equipment are maintained to good standards with minimum breakage.
- Checking incoming produce; ensuring that all food merchandise is in accordance with order sheets, receiving records and purchasing specifications.
- Maximising colleague productivity and morale and consistently maintaining discipline following hotel guidelines and local legislation.
- Assisting in the building of an efficient team of colleagues by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety, training and development.
- Identifying market needs and trends in terms of food for both hotel guests and local market, and monitoring and analysing the menus and products of competitive restaurants.
- Planning and implementing effective food promotions in co-ordination with the Chefs office.
In order to be considered for this role you will show that you have a culinary qualification from a recognised institution and you must possess an Internationally approved Food Safety Certificate.
You should be able to demonstrate at least three years experience of working in a five star hotel or fine dining restaurant. It is also essential that you have a consistent record of working in a similar role in a speciality outlet that concentrates on producing top quality Italian cuisine.
This is a very "hands on" and demanding position so it is paramount that you work well in a team but are also able to set standards and lead by example at all times. You must be comfortable working under pressure and be passionate about producing cuisine of the highest possible standards.
You will have strong written and verbal English skills as well as a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office as strong communication skills are required.
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; your own single room accommodation/live out allowance, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, annual flight ticket allowances, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.