An exciting role has arisen for a talented Sous Chef to join the Executive Pool culinary team at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel. The main purpose of this role is to smoothly, efficiently, cost effectively and successfully run the Execuive Pool area restaurant.
- Ensuring that all outlet reports, schedules, standard recipes, menus, food presentation photographs and correspondence are completed in liaison with the Chef de Cuisine in an accurate and punctual manner.
- Developing menus and "specials" which meet the needs of the target market and are in line with the operating concept for the restaurant.
- Developing menus and set standard recipes which allow the restaurant to run at an acceptable food cost, thereby satisfying guest needs and expectations.
- To have a complete understanding of, and adhere to the company's policy relating to fire, hygiene and safety.
- Ensuring that operating and kitchen equipment is maintained to a good standard with minimum breakage.
- Checking incoming produce, ensuring that all food merchandise is in accordance with order sheets, receiving records and purchasing specifications.
- Maximising colleague productivity and morale.
- Liaising with the Stewarding Manager in order to ensure high standards of cleanliness are maintained in all areas of the kitchen, such as machinery, small kitchen equipment, floors and fridges.
- Ensuring that colleagues follow strict hygiene rules and maintain what we have already achieved with HACCP throughout the resort.
- Responsible for the audit requirements for HACCP and Dubai Municipality as needed.
- Assisting in the building of an efficient team of colleagues by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety, training and development.
- Interacting with management of other departments within areas of responsibility and develops solid working relationships with them.
- Identifying Market needs and trends in terms of food for both hotel guests and local market, and monitoring and analysing the menus and products of competitive restaurants.
- Planning and implementing effective food promotions in co-ordination with the Chefs office.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have an internationally recognised culinary degree or diploma and have a minimum of 3 years working experience in a similar role for a 5 star hotel or all-day dining restaurant.
It is essential that you have background in European and Mediterranean cuisine.
You should have strong communication skills with good command of the English language, both spoken and written. Proficiency in a second language would be an advantage.
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; your own single room accommodation/live out allowance, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, annual flight allowance, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.