The main purpose of this role is to assist the Chef de Cuisine in running a smooth Banquet and Hot Kitchen operation.
- Ensuring that all outlet reports, schedules, standard recipes, menus, food presentation photographs and correspondence are completed in liaison with the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chefs in an accurate and punctual manner.
- Developing menus and "specials" which meet the needs of the target market and are in line with the operating concept for the restaurant.
- Developing menus and set standard recipes (as per Standard Operating Procedures) which allow the restaurants to run at an acceptable food cost, thereby satisfying guest needs and expectations.
- To have a complete understanding of, and adhere to the company's policy relating to fire, hygiene and safety.
- Ensuring that operating and kitchen equipment is maintained to a good standard with minimum breakage.
- Checking incoming produce, ensuring that all food merchandise is in accordance with order sheets, receiving records and purchasing specifications.
- Ensuring colleagues follow strict hygiene rules.
- Responsible for audit requirements for HACCP and Dubai Municipality.
- Assisting in the building of an efficient team of colleagues by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety, training and development.
- Interacting with management of other departments within areas of responsibility and develops solid working relationships with them.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have a recognised Culinary qualification and you should have a minimum of 5 years experience working in a five star hotel with background in Western Cuisine.
This is a very "hands on" and demanding position so it is paramount that you work well in a team but are also able to set standards and lead by example at all times. You must be comfortable working under pressure and be passionate about producing cuisine of the highest possible standards.
It is essential that you have good command of the English language (spoken and written) and you should be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.