A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Sous Chef to join the culinary team at the Jumeirah Restaurants. The main purpose of the role is to assist in the preparation of the department budget.
Your key duties will include:
- Ensuring that the Outlets Operational budget is in line and costs are strictly controlled maximising profitability.
- Assisting each Outlet Chef to run their Kitchens at an acceptable food cost.
- Being able to help formulate and continually upgrade a Departmental Operations Manual, detailing standards of Performance, policies and procedures and service standards pertinent to the efficient operation of the outlet in accordance with hotel policy.
- Being able to interact with management of other departments within areas of responsibility and to develop solid working relationships with them.
- Assisting in planning of menus and designing standard recipes in order to ensure consistent quality in food production, thereby satisfying guest needs and expectations.
- Liaising with Materials to ensure prompt and efficient purchasing, issuing of supplies, stock control and inventory control.
- Liaising with Stewarding in order to ensure an adequate supply of equipment and to establish standards of hygiene and cleanliness for all Kitchen areas.
- Liaising with Outlet Managers to ensure a constantly good standard of food quality, efficient profitability and creative presentation.
- Being able to liaise with Engineering in order to ensure prompt and efficient repair and maintenance.
- Being able to meet and interact with representatives of the local community and potential guests as required.
- Monitoring the food standards in each Outlet and Banquets.
- Making recommendations to Management for modernisation of equipment, production methods, presentation and improved guest satisfaction.
- Being able to communicate regularly with Executive Chef and Restaurant Chefs to keep them informed of policies and procedures, special further improvement plans and guest comments.
- Ensuring that all health, safety and emergency procedures and fire prevention employees strictly enforce regulations.
- Providing management with creative ideas to project and enhance the Image of the outlet.
In order to be considered for this role you will show that you have a culinary qualification from a recognised institution and you must possess an Internationally approved Food Safety Certificate. You should be able to demonstrate a minimum of three years experience in brasserie style Italian food.
This is a very "hands on" and demanding position so it is paramount that you work well in a team but are also able to set standards and lead by example at all times. You must be comfortable working under pressure and be passionate about producing cuisine of the highest possible standards.
You will have strong written and verbal English skills as well as a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office as strong communication skills are required.
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; accommodation/live out allowance free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, annual flight ticket allowance, medical and dental coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount of Jumeirah F&B outlets and reduced hotel rates