An exciting role has arisen for a talented Sous Chef in our speciality Chinese Restaurant, Zheng He's. The main purpose of this position is to assist the Executive Chinese Chef to set and maintain standards in the respective outlets.
Your key duties will include:
- Assisting the Executive Chinese Chef in the supervision of all colleagues engaged in the kitchen.
- Attending meetings with Executive Chinese Chef/Executive Sous Chef and all other Senior Chefs regarding the updates for the day. Communicating the information to line staff to ensure the operation is aware of any changes.
- Establishing culinary standards for the speciality of each kitchen which may include banqueting.
- Plan Dim Sum menus and compile recipes for new menus / food tastings to be approved by Executive Chinese Chef and or Executive Sous Chef.
- To fully understand HACCP (Hazard Analysis of Critical Control Points) and COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) and take appropriate action to ensure a safe and equitable working environment whilst being sensitive to, and aware of, business levels in order to maintain a disciplined but harmonious department.
- To ensure agreed quality of Dim Sum product is maintained and appropriate action is taken when standards are not met and CSI targets are not achieved by liaison with all key partners as necessary.
- Recruiting, monitoring and training staff ensuring regular appraisals are carried out with achievable objectives.
- By analysing Dim Sum market trends, make appropriate menu suggestions and development within agreed timescales.
In order to be considered for this role, you should have minimum 5 years experience working in an international 5 star chain specialising in Chinese cuisine.
You must be able to demonstrate good leadership skills and able to effectively communicate and motivate people.
It is essential that you have good command of the English language and good computer skills.