Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
THE JOB DESCRIPTION OF SPECIAL ASSISTANTS (SA)
The duties of Special Assistants will be; accountable and responsible for running of the department/section
under them and their duties will involve looking after and checking the work of other clerk or clerks and sub staff
and will include:
1. Passing independently, manually or online, cash instruments and clearing and transfer cheques, vouchers etc., (whether credits or debits) also included is verification of signatures and scrutiny as to the correctness of endorsement on and other particulars of such instruments. There shall be no limits for verification of signatures, passing
authenticated credit vouchers/ entries and verifying authenticated vouchers in the ledgers, books, computer print-outs etc.
2. Accept, verify and post cash/ transfer/clearing cheques and other instruments, as the case may be, inappropriate of accounts/ ledgers, either manually or online and give due acknowledgements.
3. Signing vouchers, checks, drafts, mail transfers, pay orders, advices such as non payment advices, inter branch fate calling advices, bill schedules, demand notices, statement certificates etc.,
4. Checking all vouchers, advices, statements, cheques, drafts etc., bill and books of accounts including current savings and other ledgers, cash, postal and revenue stamps, franking machine balances, exchange, discount, brokerage calculations and initialing by way of authenticating them for accuracy/correctness;
5. Checking, manually or online, current, savings and other accounts.
6. Checking the coding and decoding of telegram (Excluding cheque symbols or ciphers)
7. Discharging, endorsing cheques, bills, etc,
8. Perform when required in a computerized set up, system control functions either jointly with an officer
and independently, upon specific authorization in this regards;
9. Briefly explain, the features so bank’s various products and services to customers, to reply their queries and to refer interested to appropriate personnel.etc.
THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE SPECIAL ASSITANT:
For the purpose of efficient and effective functioning of the section or department the special assistant shall:
ensure that all acts, things and steps necessary therefore are taken by himself or by the clerks placed under
him and shall ensure that, wherever necessary:
a. Reminders are sent on time and follow up
b. Pass sheets/books are filled up and issued promptly
c. Deposits are renewed on due dates or reminders sent to the parties
d. Standing instructions are complied with
e. Bills are accepted and due dates diarised/advised and followed up
f. Interest, commissions and service charges are collected
g. Proceeds of bills are received or remitted promptly;
h. Confirmation of balance of accounts of the customers and its follow up.
i. All securities relating to the department/section of which the special assistant is in charge are secured
and/or kept in proper custody and properly handed to authorized person at the close of the day.
j. Balances promptly taken, tallied and reported and followed up and also returns submitted;
k. Advices and/or duplicate advices/summaries are issued/responded promptly, whenever called for;
l. Checking the proper recording of entries and all relevant particulars in th regard to accounts opened under due authorization.
Minimum of HND certificate
Excellent computer skills with good grasp of spreadsheets, word processing and other MS office applications with good knowledge of oracle applications,
Excellent English reporting, writing and oral communication skills,
Strong ability to co-ordinate priorities and organize workload Take initiative and work under pressure, good team spirit and also participate as a team member in accomplishment of duties.
Applicants must reside in Lagos Applicants should forward their CV and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org