- Analyse budgeting and accounting reports for the purpose of maintaining expenditure controls.
- Verify that all transactions in the areas of budget control, finance, and accounts are effected in accordance with established regulations, rules, directives and procedures.
- Implement all established budgetary and financial policies and procedures; recommend new ones aimed at improving the operational aspects of the budget and planning office.
- Coordinate various departments for timely completion and reporting of budgeting activities.
- Prepare special analysis on ongoing projects; participate in the development portions of the quarterly rolling plan and annual budget and preparation of Return On Investment.
- Provide input into the development of the annual budget and business plan.
- Executes rigorous analyses of operating plans by examining the operational and strategic impact of those activities, including both comparative analysis against other similar activities and ROI analyses.
- Certify the availability of funds, analyse and revise unliquidated obligations to ensure that these remain valid and appropriate.
- Prepare budget analysis (Operating, Capital Expenditures, Projected Profit and Loss, Balance Sheets and Cash Flows)
- Compare prepared budget to actual and determine the variance analysis
- Control andmonitor the processing of requests for management approval based on approved budgets
- Analyse various cost control/cost reduction measures
- Carry out other assignments as instructed by the Head, Budget and Financial Planning
- Oversees budget administration and program analysis, examine budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations.
- First degree in a relevant discipline from a recognised university
- Membership of Professional association (CIMA, CFA, ACCA, ICAN, etc) will be an added advantage
Experience, Skills & Competencies
- Three (3) to Five (5) years relevant work experience
- Financial Systems Knowledge
- Industry Knowledge
- Relationship Management Skills
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Team work