Support the Decision Support Manager to ensure agreed targets and financial benefits are optimised, costs are managed within agreed envelopes and guidance is provided to the Technical Department on finance issues
Support the improvement of the Network Finance processes
- Principal Functions
- Liaise, support and assist the technical business area on all aspects of financial and operational matters
- Provide support for monitoring and controlling the financial performance of the technical business area via monthly reporting and budgeting/forecasting processes to provide insight into business performance
- Support the preparation of techno-economics and accounting analysis/reports as required by the business including:
- Product Profitability analysis;
- Cost-benefit analysis
- Variance Analysis
- Geo analysis relevant to financial modelling
- Other accounting analysis as required by the business
- Ensure Oracle reporting data quality and compliance with accounting standards and guidelines
- Provide input into the production of business cases and investment appraisals that could have a material impact on the performance of the business
- Liaise with business teams to gather required data for post implementation review of local business initiatives and business cases
- Follow up on actions from the technical business area's monthly financial reviews
- Build strong and influential relationships with the technical business area to promote seamless working relationships with the rest of the Finance community.
- Attend operational meetings to represent Finance within the assigned business team
- Work with the Decision support Manager to implement financial governance within technical team
- Work with the Decision Support Manager to develop and implement an improvement process for OPEX management
- Responsible for Contract management and optimization of contract agreements in compliance with company policy.
- Assist the Decision Support Manager on other ad hoc projects
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Decision Support Manager.