- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with at least 5-8 years’ mechanical, electronic and/or hydraulic related experience in an oilfield equipment environment and successful completion of the FMC's Subsea Service Technician Apprentice Program or Engineering Boot Camp.
- Designs complex engineering plans and reviews/approves design work for some systems and products.
- Develops processes, procedures and designs for shop/lab assembly or field installation or testing
- Can use and apply knowledge in first principle engineering to solve challenging problems. Identifies the best tools to solve engineering problems quickly and accurately. Customizes commercially available software or creates engineering tools as needed.
- Can identify constraints in hardware, software, and networking to provide faster run times.
- Apply codes and standards to make assessments from analysis results in terms of pass/fail. In case of failed assessments, can make design change recommendations. Documents approach and results and follows all required processes for quality checking.